Sunday, July 29, 2012

So let's talk.....

My last week! Four days left! My work life will shortly be coming to a very temporary end as I get ready for school, attend countless family events, and try to visit every one before we all leave into the scary unknown. I'm really excited to not have to worry about being somewhere by a specific time and working my personal schedule around my work one. That said it's also kind of sad. I am going to miss all of the dogs so much! Especially the big ones since we only have little ones, they were my big dog fix until I could have one of my own. I will also miss a lot of people there. I have met and become close with a lot of people and it is going to be sad to go, hopefully we'll keep in touch and maybe I'll visit during my time at home. Even though work has been hard the last six months, and added stress since the beginning, there was a lot that I've learned and will take with me throughout life. I wish the business well and hope they continue with their amazing success!

Originally I had planned a different post but my mind always seems distracted with work and school. Speaking of school, right now I'm reading The Naked Roommate by Harlan Cohen. Yeah, I know it's very cliche, whatever, it's making me feel a little more prepared. While there's a lot of common sense, smack yourself on the forehead really hard if you haven't already thought of it stuff, a lot of it is also stuff that you may not think about. Or if you have thought about it but are reluctant to do whatever it is then it helps you see why it's important to do it. Personally, I like the college students advice, because you know it's from them trying to give you their story and advice to use....not just an author trying to sell a book. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Cohen decided to write this book, but it's nice to know that without incentive their are people who were in your shoes that sincerley want to help you, give you advice, or maybe just get their name in a published book, either way it had to be good advice to get in their so it works. Anyway very helpful book but more on that later as I have to go to work, like I said four more official days (including today). Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment