Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reflection and Moving Forward

Wow, I can't believe I'm a "free" woman! Free from work that is. This is my work wrap up post because I didn't after work on my last day. My mom took me to Chili's to celebrate my newly found freedom.

So how was it you ask? Well, it was okay. I was with the big dogs for a bit and the little dogs for an even littler bit. There were lots of dogs that I was happy were there on my last day, and yet there weren't. I don't know if it was me not really letting the situation sink in or what, but it didn't feel like it was my last day. My boss, who's up front always, left without saying goodbye or anything to me, so that was kind of disappointing. She just left like any other regular day, and for her it was. But still, it would have been nice to have been recognized for working there just a month shy of a whole year! Like I said, I was disappointed and it was kind of weird. Whatever. At least I work with got to say goodbye to people I liked. No bad people on my last day, thank god! So that was nice. What was even nicer was getting home and being able to delete two people's phone numbers. I know that doesn't sound very exciting but to me it means the world to never have to see them ever again! Now they're just "somebody that I used to know",  but I couldn't be happier about it! Now it should be smooth sailing until I'm off to college, which is exactly two weeks from today. Scary!

However happy I am though it's also really sad. I think I said it before, people are easy to keep in contact with, it's the dogs that, obviously, are impossible to keep in contact with. It was really sad saying goodbye to everyone and I tried my best to give every dog my love and best wishes! I didn't cry until I was counting towards the end, then my eyes started to water a bit but I got myself under control before any real damage was done. Overall it was terribly happy and terribly sad. Only one of my fellow employees remembered it was my last day until about half an hour to go, then the others asked when my last day was, and I told them that day. They said I must be really happy, all of them are sick of all the crap/drama going on right now too. I said yeah, happy but sad at the same time, bittersweet. I just feel bad for all of them, because they have to deal with all the crap still. I told them I definitely wouldn't miss some people and they laughed and "I bet and I'm jealous". They are really good people and I hope my former boss can put an end to all the drama for the sake of her business and all the workers sanity. The best way to do that would be to fire the problem people since whenever they're told to do something they ignore it or are real bitchy about it. Anyway, like I said, bittersweet.

Now it's time to move forward. Remember the past but not to dwell on it and look forward to the future. If it goes like I plan, it's going to be an amazing one!

No comments:

Post a Comment