Friday, August 3, 2012

Quick Before Last Day Update

Yes, it's coming to a end. In a short 6-ish hours I will be a free non-working individual. One more five hour shift and I'm done with this current job for the rest of my life. I'll be leaving in about 45 minutes, according to the clock as I'm writing this exact sentence.

While it's not the end yet, I really quickly wanted to briefly think about everything before I leave. As well as think about the doors that being free for two and a half weeks opens up for me. Like Camp Nanowrimo! I'm actually going to have time to do that! Exciting! It also frees up much needed time to go get all the last minute things done and bought before I leave. I almost wish I would have quit earlier because I'm realizing how much I actually have to do. That and it would have saved me some stress, that may or may not take years off my life expectancy. Anyway still a lot to do but I'm glad I don't have to worry about work anymore. 

The end is  definitely bitter sweet. There are so many things I'm going to be so sad about. Today I'm planning to really take in everything about my job because this is the last time that I'll be doing many of the those things. One of the things I'm going to be especially conscious about is the dogs. With people it's easier because of all the social media we have these days, to keep in touch. There is a very good chance that I will never see any of these dogs ever again. The thought makes me terribly sad.

It's fun because we always say which dogs we loved to/are going to "steal" and take home with us. Or even sometimes, if a dog id being really annoying, which dog we'd use as a mental image if we ever got the chance to go to a boxing place to blow of steam. It sounds terrible but we'd never actually do anything, it just helps for those really bad days when you just can't take it anymore.

So many of these dogs actually feel like family. I know that sounds weird but we have dogs that come the same day every week, and even dogs that come two-three times during the week, and an occasional almost every day dog. We see them so often, expect them to be there. In fact sometimes we worry when they're not, or don't show up for a week or two. These dogs truly become like a part of our family. We love these dogs as much as their owners do and they almost feel like ours. It's really a great feeling. It's especially rewarding when certain dogs get really excited to see you when you come to work. Just like we look forward to coming and seeing they get so exicted and happy to see us. Dogs truly have unconditional love! It's really amazing and part of why this job has been so amazing and rewarding. It's also why today is going to be terribly sad.

Today I'm going to try to spend a little time with every dog there, even if it's only for a few moments. Just to take the time to say goodbye and let them know what they meant to me. Even the ones I don't care for as much, or are a little annoying, I'm truly going to miss them all.

I actually starting saying my goodbyes yesterday as I know some of those dogs won't be back today. Like my Golden Tucker! I already miss him so much! My Golden Piper also might not be there today. And then there was my new friend Taggert a Greater Swissy. Anyway, I'm going to get ready to leave and go. But I'll probably post later tonight after I get home. I'm also planning on documenting a list of all my favorite dogs on this blog so I'll never forget them! Okay gotta go put on some water proof mascara because I'm pretty sure I may shed a tear or two. More about my last day tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment