Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Dreaded First Call

So my roommate called today. No, as of this moment I still have not talked to her.  I got upstairs in time for the last ring but didn't recognize the number, I was going to put it back down and let it go to voice mail, this way I never forget to tell my parents so and so called and get in trouble, but for some reason I felt like it might be important and that I somewhat recognized the number. Well in the few seconds it took me to decide to pick it back up and potentially answer it went to voice mail. And guess who it was? Yes, I already told you, my roommate. As nice as she sounds I still haven't gotten back to her in the few hours that it's been since she called. I know, that's really bad! But I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous to call her back, I mean after the initial awkwardness we'll talk about what to bring, then what? I know some people talk about their families and interests and stuff, maybe her major? I just think it's going to be so awkward and uncomfortable, and I don't like putting myself intentionally in those situations. Unfortunately I'll have to get back to her sooner rather than later, I don't want to be rude and keep her waiting, especially in this situation, the first call.

So as much as I'm worried that it's going to be really awkward I have to get over it soon, like today or tomorrow, so I can call her today or tomorrow. Although tomorrow I'm going to the state fair and don't know when I'm getting back which means I should probably call today anyway, but I'm nervous. But then I could just get it over with so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

It all boils down to I will have to call her, probably soon, and probably tomorrow after I get home. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment